Pages

05.10.2015- On the Menu: The Modern Pantry, Finsbury Square

Monday, 5 October 2015

Contrary to popular thought, I'm firmly convinced that sometimes you can't have too much of a good thing. The Modern Pantry, which I posted about back in June has fast become one of my favourite foodie haunts, so you can only imagine how delighted I was to discover that they've just opened a sister branch- with some exciting new additions to the menu as well as some firm favourites which have proven to be real heroes at the Clerkenwell site. This brand new branch (immaculately decorated, as you'd expect!) sits on the corner of Finsbury Square, and a few weekends ago I popped along for brunch (what else...??!) before popping along to the Barbican for an afternoon of high drama courtesy of their production of Hamlet. Needless to say, the menu provided the perfect way to kick off the day in tremendously tasty fashion...


The menu is absolutely expertly crafted, and the thought and attention to detail behind each dish is incredible. For a leisurely Saturday morning, I opted for poached eggs with all the trimmings- a simple brunch staple but one which, in my book at least, trumps so many others which I've tried. Everything on the plate is flavoursome and perfectly executed, and it was so lovely to have the time to enjoy everything fully. For a palette cleansing pudding, I opted for the mandarin and jasmine sorbet- an iced taste of heaven if ever there was one. I guarantee I'll be back to sample some more menu marvels before too long, particularly as the Finsbury Square branch also houses a tapas bar...bring it on!

Have you discovered any new brunch spots recently? 

 (Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. I love the Modern Pantry - even more so for opening a branch so close to mine - do you think they'll do deliveries?! x
    LilyLipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you go back, can you please take me with you? Thank you.

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground