Pages

09.10.2015- Autumn Essentials

Friday, 9 October 2015

I've always found that this time of the year is perfect for ringing the changes, and there's something about the transition between seasons which makes it the perfect opportunity for taking stock and treating yourself in anticipation of the winter to come. With that in mind, over the last few weeks I've found myself well and truly heading into hibernation mode, and have already amassed a stash of favourites to make the long stretch until spring that little bit easier:


I've posted about Liz Earles's amazing hair oil before, and it's definitely a product which I'll be reaching for more and more over the coming months. Not only is it great for keeping unruly manes like mine under control, but it's also perfect for adding moisture to dry lengths- a pet peeve of the winter weather and amped up central heating. The change in seasons is also synonymous with a shift in colour palette, and it's always a great opportunity to switch up your winter makeup with some bold new shades. I feel like the world and his wife have been raving about the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets of late, and they really do live up to the hype. This shade (Grand Cru) is perhaps the most autumnal of the offerings, and it's well worth trying for sheer staying power alone.

Regular readers will know that I'm a huge fan of Olivia Burton Watches, and this gorgeous vintage inspired design is on a solid rotation at the moment. As always, I've got my eye on their crop of new season designs too, especially as the botanical inspired designs feel so perfect for this time of the year. As far as new season nails are concerned, I've been reaching for Revlon's Cool Beige Colour Stay of late- the perfect neutral hue and a really understated staple which is fast becoming a real favourite. Finally, as the evenings draw in I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds my tea consumption increasing steadily, and a few weeks ago I popped down to the Twinings shop to treat myself to some winter warmers, including these Rose Garden teabags. They're a really lovely alternative to your standard brew, and anything which reminds me of summer in the garden gets an instant thumbs up!

Have you snapped up any autumn favourites of late?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. That watch is super pretty! And mate, you need a Daisybutter tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rose tea sounds lovely - I'm really into teas again after my travels in Asia. x
    LilyLipstick

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground