Pages

13.11.2015- Space Age Style

Friday, 13 November 2015

With the imminent arrival of the new Star Wars adventure in the cinema (I am so excited!), it's perhaps no surprise that fashions for this season have been distinctly infused with a sense of space age style. Whether it's star prints, repeated rocket motifs or a sprinkling of shimmer, there's been a definite resetting of the style radar- with focus pointing (at warp speed) towards intergalactic inspiration. It's always fun to explore some alternative fashion as the seasons shift- and I'm already championing celestial style as a brilliant festive alternative. With that in mind, and without further ado, these are very much the droids (ok, buys!) I am looking for:

Blue Rocket Print Pleat Shirt, £48, The Whitepepper/Metallic Effect Ribbed Longline Top, £29.50, Marks and Spencer/Cosmic Dancer Blouse, £48, Sister Jane/Valentino Wool and Silk Blend Dress, £1,915, My Theresa/Sparkle Sneakers, £39.99, Zara/Shimmering Lip Colour, £12, & Other Stories/Night Sky Sweater, £65, & Other Stories


This bold blouse from The Whitepepper is an ideal pop of colour for pepping up any winter wardrobe, and the contrasting print makes it really fun too. It's also a real investment buy in the making, and great for layering under a knit or pinafore dress, as well as teaming with jeans. Marks and Spencer are also completely coming up trumps for winter (and next season too, by the look of things!), and I've already got a fairly substantial shopping list of pieces to add to my new season wardrobe- one of which is this lovely longline tunic dress. It's just on the right side of sparkly for me, and taps into a festive feel without being too OTT- so definitely one which I'll be bearing in mind for any partywear prospects.

Regular readers will be well aware of my long standing love for all things Sister Jane, and their winter offerings might just be some of my favourite yet. This blouse is a great statement piece, and again something which would lend itself really well to lots of different styling options, as well as tapping into a distinctly autumnal palette. At the more luxurious end of the spectrum is this Valentino dress- the absolute dream for a super special occasion, don't you think?

These glittery trainers from Zara have been on my wishlist for what feels like ages, and I'm sure it won't be too long before I take the plunge and buy them- I think I'm such a fan as they make practicality seem that little bit cooler. Speaking of glitter, this shimmering gold lipstick from & Other Stories is such a find- and an option well worth exploring if you want to tap into an alternative beauty aesthetic for winter. Finally, I've already got my eye on this knit as a potential multi-purpose Christmas jumper- again from & Other Stories, who are also delivering solid collection after solid collection. I can't wait to pop along to their new King's Road branch soon too!

Have you been inspired by any space age style?

(Image credit: The Whitepepper, Marks and Spencer, Sister Jane, My Theresa, Zara and & Other Stories.)

2 comments:

  1. interesting pieces <3 love them! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground