Pages

18.12.15- Statement Style: Selected Femme

Friday, 18 December 2015

With the new year in prospect, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be making the most of the quieter days over Christmas to embark upon a little bit of organisation. One job which I've been putting off and putting off is tackling a bit of a wardrobe sort out- predominantly as it tends to take quite a while to complete once I get started! Having said that, the upside of embarking on such a mammoth sort out (as well as feeling very zen!) is being able to spot any gaps in the selection of styles which I tend to reach for day to day. And, with that in mind, I've got my beady eyes very eagerly trained on a crop of new season staples from a real favourite- step forward, Selected Femme...

Printed Sweatshirt, £35/Wool Coat, £170/Sleeveless Jumpsuit, £65/Light Strap Top, £45/Velvet Boots, £110/Pearl Ring, £15/Leather Shoulder Bag, £50, all Selected Femme

I stumbled across Selected Femme whilst having a sneaky ASOS browse (naturally) about a year or so ago, and it's a label which has been well and truly fixed on my radar ever since. Encompassing an understated, simple Scandi aesthetic, this is a label for lovers of minimalism, and it offers a brilliant selection of basics which blend seamlessly into any wardrobe. Regular visitors to these pages will know that I'm a huge fan of a slogan sweatshirt, and this design is definitely one which I'll be saving my post-Christmas pennies for, especially as it's such a versatile buy. With spring on the brain, I'm planning on picking out some investment pieces for the new season, and this coat is well and truly at the top of my wish list. It's a truly timeless style, and one which is slightly better suited to a spring wardrobe than my heavier camel coat.

The prospect of the new season also has me thinking about which colours are absent from my wardrobe, and I've noticed a distinct lack of greenery! This jumpsuit is another simple staple which ticks all of the right boxes, and would be the perfect addition to a transitional wardrobe. Speaking of simple staples, this navy camisole is a great spot too - and a brilliant investment for a summer wardrobe as it's a classic which would never date. If you're still in the market for some instant winter ready footwear, then these velvet detail boots are a must- the perfect opulent addition to any festive wardrobe! Keeping accessories simple, you'd be hard pushed to go wrong with this understated ring, and this cross body bag is a great option for travelling light too!

Are you a fan of Selected Femme?

 (Image credit: Selected Femme.)

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of the brand but they look right up my street and I LOVE that jumpsuit!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground