Pages

08.01.2016- What I Wore Today #245

Friday, 8 January 2016

I'm not usually one for making resolutions when the New Year rolls around, predominately because I have absolutely no self control and the prospect of depriving myself of anything in January feels like the worst kind of punishment ever. Over the last few years, I've instead been concentrating on making lists of things which I want to accomplish, whether that be travelling, conquering some personal goals or finally making time for those things which I've been putting off and putting off for months. A couple of years ago, I resolved to be slightly more adventurous in the style stakes, occasionally stepping outside of my sartorial comfort zone to try some different trends and test drive new looks with more confidence. Since then, I've really enjoyed experimenting with a selection of styles, and it's an approach which I'm taking with me as we progress through 2016 too:

outfit13thdecember
Coat- Ark 
Top- Zara 
Trousers- ASOS 
Shoes- Adidas 
Bag- Radley 
Sunglasses- Ray-Ban (via John Lewis) 

I snapped up this coat from Ark in their Black Friday bonanza, and it's one of my favourite purchases ever! It's definitely a statement piece, and one which packs a serious style punch, so here I kept the styling fairly paired down with some black basics from Zara and ASOS. The collar is detachable too, adding to the styling potential- and filling a substantial leopard print shaped gap in my wardrobe. Certainly a buy which I know I'll be getting plenty of wear out of over the coming year and beyond! 

Have you picked up any new year purchases? 

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Cute backpack :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground