Pages

22.01.2016- Point and Shoot: Photo Editing on the Go

Friday, 22 January 2016

A picture says a thousand words so the old saying goes- and whilst the part of me which loves to ramble on can't help but dispute that a little bit- it seems to be an adage which is proving true, particularly in the age of Instagram. Whilst you'll usually find me sharing pictures of what I'm having for lunch (sorry not sorry!), there's a lot more to framing and filtering your snaps than that- and over the last few weeks I've been experimenting with some new tools for making the most of my images. With that in mind, I've drawn up some tips to share, and I've found that these pointers have made pictures much less of a palaver- particularly when it comes to editing on the go:


VSCO Cam
I'd heard people rave and rave about this app, so finally got round to downloading it over Christmas- and it definitely lives up to the hype. It has far more editing functions than those built in to Instagram, and I've found that it really makes a massive difference to the overall look and feel of my pictures, particularly in terms of how light, crisp and sharp they look. More than that, it's also super easy and intuitive to use, as well as allowing you to save edited images straight to your camera roll for sharing.

Eye-Fi Wireless Memory Card
I've posted in the past about my Eye-Fi Wireless Memory Card, and it really is a godsend. Not only does it allow you to transfer higher than usual quality images from your camera to your phone (always a winner!), but I've found it hugely helpful with saving on storage space too, particularly if I want to share pictures speedily on the go and my albums are a bit on the full side.

Composition
This is particularly relevant for images which I've been snapping for these pages, but over the last year or so I've been putting a lot more thought into capturing pictures which are styled a little bit differently, and have experimented with the best way to present things- particularly if I'm snapping food or some current beauty favourites. Adding a few extra framing details adds a lot more depth, and is something I've been bearing in mind a lot more when taking pictures on the go too.

Light
Easier said than done in the depths of winter I know, but making sure you keep things as well lit as possible makes the world of difference. If I'm taking blog pictures then I'll try and snap a selection at once (usually when the sun is out!), as you can never guarantee how long it will be before it reappears! If low lighting is unavoidable, particularly if you're out and about, I've found that VSCO Cam's exposure, tint and temperature settings work wonders for brightening things up!

What are your too tips for making the most of your pics?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission. )

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground