Pages

10.02.2016- What I Wore Today #248

Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Although the winter weather usually has me rushing for a rummage through my stash of knits and sticking to a fairly muted colour palette, over the last few months I've made more of a concerted effort to conscientiously reach for some more colourful pieces. Whether it be some winter florals, out of the ordinary prints or pops of specific colour palette inspired punctuation, accenting my winter wardrobe with pieces which are a little bit of a departure from the winter norm has been a great way to counteract the grey skies and darker evenings. I always tend to forget just how much fun it is to experiment with colour, but have really enjoyed switching things up a little bit of late:

outfit10thfebruary
Coat- River Island
Top- ASOS
Trousers- Finery London
Shoes- Converse (c/o JD Sports)
Bag- Radley
Sunglasses- Mango

These trousers from Finery London were on my pre-Christmas wishlist, but I held off snapping them up until a few weeks ago- my attempt to be a little bit less impulsive in my shopping habits! They're a wonderful colour, and the kind of piece which I know I can incorporate into my wardrobe all year round. On this occasion, they were perfect for pepping up an old favourite in the shape of this lilac teddy bear coat from River Island and a staple top from ASOS- even if I did resemble a walking colour chart!

Have you snapped up any new staples recently?

(Image credit: Sophie Warner, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground