Pages

22.02.2016- What I Wore Today #249

Monday, 22 February 2016

As part of an attempt to be slightly more thrifty for 2016, one of my little resolutions is to be a little less impulsive in my shopping habits, and think about fashion more long term rather than just in the moment. Don't get me wrong, I love the buzz of snapping up an on the spot steal, but in an attempt to be a little bit kinder to my bank balance, I'm aiming to make my purchases more considered- focusing on cost per wear (oooh er!) and longevity. Putting this plan into action, at the end of last year, I invested my pennies in a staple style which is well and truly earning its keep: 

Coat- c/o Very 
Dress- Selected (via ASOS) 
Shoes- Adidas (via Urban Outfitters) 
Bag- Radley 
Sunglasses- Mango 
Necklace- V&A Shop

I've posted about Selected before on these pages, and I snapped this dress up just before Christmas. It's one of those brilliant basics which you never realise is missing from your wardrobe, but which you find yourself more or less living in from the day of purchase. The colour isn't one which I'd ordinarily opt for, but I've been really surprised at just how easy it is to style, whether with contrasting shades or more neutral hues as I opted for here. It's also one of those brilliantly adaptable buys which you can experiment with styling in a whole host of different ways, whether that be dressed down or jazzed up with some statement accessories. This gorgeous necklace was a find in the V&A shop when I went to their last Fashion in Motion event- and definitely another purchase which is well and truly adhering to my cost per wear criteria!

Have you had a wardrobe overhaul at all recently? 

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Love this dress! I was so good at being frugal this year until I walked into the Banana Republic sale yesterday! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the coat!! <3

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground