Pages

23.03.2016- What I Wore Today #252

Wednesday, 23 March 2016

When it comes to weekend dressing, I'm a firm believer that jeans and a basic shirt are the bread and butter of a relaxed wardrobe. As I've grown that little bit older (26 going on 86..!), I've realised more than ever that comfort is king- and that there's nothing worse than being trapped in an outfit which you're itching to ditch at the earliest possible opportunity. Over the last few weeks, it's been rare that I've spent a Saturday or Sunday in anything other than pyjamas (#hibernationgoals!), but on the odd occasion I have ventured out, I've found myself reaching for a series of variations on the staple shirt and jeans duo:
outfit23march
Coat- c/o Boden
Shirt- Warehouse
Jeans- Weekday (via ASOS)
Shoes- Adidas (c/o JD Sports)
Bag- Zara

First thing's first- how lovely is this Boden coat? It's a core component of their new season collection and a wonderful transitional treasure if ever I saw one. The slightly oversized fit makes it perfect for relaxed weekend style, and it's such a versatile piece that it lends itself wonderfully to lots of different looks too. Here I layered it over a new season essential from Warehouse in the shape of this grandad style shirt- exactly the kind of classic piece which I've been on the lookout for of late. I'm a huge fan of these Weekday jeans from ASOS too- I think I've finally found the perfect high waisted pair! Finally, this bag from Zara is a oldie but a goodie, and ideal for adding a splash of contrasting colour too!

What are your favourite weekend basics?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduced without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. Perfect cozy look! I always love Bodens classic styles :)

    XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat and what an amazing photo back drop! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeans and a good shirt or basic tee is my go-to too! So classic and simple, but still stylish!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground