Pages

29.04.2016- On the Menu: Roast, Borough Market

Friday, 29 April 2016

I don't know about you, but for me, indulging in a roast dinner on a Sunday is one of life's simplest but most enjoyable little luxuries. During the week I usually tend to eat on the go and in something of a rush, so being able to spend quality time enjoying some hearty food always feels like a real treat. So, with that in mind, and with a date booked in the diary to spend a Shakespearean Sunday afternoon at The Globe, the lovely Jessie and I took the opportunity to explore a dining destination which I've been meaning to visit for ages:


Overlooking Borough Market, Roast boasts a birds eye view across one of my favourite parts of town, and is perfectly located to tap into the foodie feeling of such a bustling location. On a Sunday, their set menu offers a great option to try three signature courses for £37.50, with a selection of different meat options making up the central dishes. To start, I opted for the squid, chorizo and samphire salad (absolutely delicious), followed by roast pork belly with all of the trimmings. To finish, I indulged in chocolate cheesecake served with Malteaser ice cream, which tasted every bit as heavenly as it sounds!

Have you visited any new foodie destinations recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum! That starter just looks bloody insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that roast looks absolutely amazing! I love the sound of your starter salad, I really need to check out the Borough Market area next time I'm in Central. xx
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground