Pages

25.05.2016- What I Wore Today #261

Wednesday, 25 May 2016

If there's one thing which can be completely relied upon, it's the ability of the Great British weather to be completely and utterly unpredictable. Whether it's sleet, hail, torrential rain, thunder or intermittently tropical temperatures, the passage through spring to summer is one punctuated by emergency umbrella purchases, lots of layering up and usually being caught unawares in a downpour or two. In short, navigating the climate at this time of year is a feat which I'm convinced should warrant some shape of prize! Having said that, investing in some seasonal sartorial staples is a strategy which I've found has paid dividends over the last few years, so at the outset of this spring, I pooled my pennies into a practical purchase which I know will well and truly stand the test of time: 

outfit30april
Coat- Archive by Alexa for Marks and Spencer 
Top- Zara 
Jeans- Weekday (via ASOS) 
Shoes- Adidas (c/o Spartoo)
Sunglasses- Ray Ban (via John Lewis) 
Bag- Radley 

This trench coat of dreams is one of two pieces which I picked up from the Archive by Alexa range for Marks and Spencer (keep your eyes peeled for purchase number two in my next outfit post!), and I couldn't be happier with it. It's slightly longer than the trench styles which I'd usually opt for, but is really well cut and fits wonderfully (as well as allowing me to channel some Victorian detective style too..!) The tartan lining adds a lovely contrast, and it's already become fairly indispensable, saving my bacon on a fair few rainy days! Here I layered it over a printed top from Zara's selection of summer styles (gorgeous as always!), and my go-to jeans from ASOS. 

What are your all-weather wardrobe essentials? 

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit, I really love your Alexa for M&S coat!! :)

    I have a new post up on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    P.s. you can get 15% off any watch from Daniel Wellington with the code 'Electric15'.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Alexa range - unfortunately this coat was floor-skimming on me, short girl problems! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground