Pages

30.05.2016- Sacred Space: Arundel Castle Gardens

Monday, 30 May 2016

I don't know about you, but as I've grown older, one of the simplest things I've come to appreciate is peace and quiet! Tranquil time is rare in a city as fast-paced and frenetic as London, so sometimes an escape to quieter pastures is essential. Regular readers will know that one of my favourite destinations to bolt to is Arundel- somewhere I know really well from growing up and a lovely oasis of calm only a couple of hours away on the train. I last visited The Castle Gardens a few years ago, so it was lovely to see things in full bloom again recently:


As well as the amazing wisteria in full flowering glory, it was great to have a look around at how much things have come on since my last visit. The greenhouses are always a real treat, and full to the rafters with lots of tricky to nurture plants, including beautiful hibiscus and geraniums. Coupled with copious quantities of cherry blossom, eye catching irises and thousands upon thousands of tulips, it was wonderful to see everything looking so well tended and immaculately kept against such stunning backdrops. 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground