Pages

06.06.2016- Exploring Northern Ireland: The Giant's Causeway

Monday, 6 June 2016

Aka that thing when you get back from your holiday and can't stop showing people pictures on your phone! I can't quite believe that it's been a week since I returned home from glorious Northern Ireland, and since I've been back I'm sure I've been driving everyone potty by constantly harping on about the lovely weather, wonderful scenery and all around glorious adventure I had along with Hannah, Elodie and Lily. It had been a fair few years since I'd been back to Northern Ireland, so I really enjoyed having the opportunity to get to know some new destinations as a (sort of!) grown up, and top of the list on the first day of the trip was a visit to The Giant's Causeway!


This formidably titled destination is somewhere which had been on my travel bucket list for what had seemed like ages, so I was thrilled to have the chance to visit and explore the much mythologised home of a certain Mr Finn McCool. Located just a short walk along the coast from where we were staying in Bushmills, this World Heritage site proved every inch as impressive as you might expect, and we were so lucky to be able to explore the amazing rock formations on a gloriously sunny morning. The basalt columns interlock perfectly across the coastline, creating a sweeping, imposing effect which is well and truly deserving of such a gargantuan moniker. As a first time visitor, I loved being able to explore the area so freely, climbing up and down the formations and seeing the power of this formidable, wild and beautifully unspoiled landscape up close. A truly perfect way to start the trip!

Have you visited anywhere new recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do nor reproduce without permission.)

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe this was just over a week ago! What an amazing place. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photo's, I've always wanted to visit the Giant's Causeway. I've just come back off holiday and I'm the same - I can't stop sharing photo's! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great memories! Thanks again for making this trip even better.

    - Elodie x

    www.elle-yeah.com

    PS - I definitely think that last picture belongs in a Britney Spears video. You know the one where she stands on a rock and the camera is just floating around her. No? Okay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this so much. What a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground