Pages

13.06.2016- What I Wore Today #264

Monday, 13 June 2016

Whilst I'm generally a creature of habit as far as my staple style is concerned, there are a handful of trends which I always tend to find myself umming and ahhing over on an almost weekly basis. For example, I've now wholeheartedly resigned myself to the fact that I'll never find a pair of dungarees which fit properly/suit me, and I'm obstinately anti-high heel too. However, I'm still keen to search out new styles, and in recent weeks have become well and truly converted to the boyfriend jean. Now, don't get me wrong, on paper this is a fit which ticks all of my favourite boxes- comfortable, low maintenance and allowing plenty of capacity to indulge in an extra slice of cake or two (unlike their more unforgiving slim-cut counterparts). However, for me, the reality of shopping for a pair proved to be somewhat different- especially as the styles which I had opted for tended to lean towards a skinny fit- until I discovered this pair from Topshop:

outfit13june
Coat- Topshop 
Blouse- Zara 
Jeans- Topshop
Bag- Zara 
Sunglasses- Zara 
Shoes- Adidas c/o Spartoo

I stumbled across these jeans completely by accident whilst scouring the high street for some holiday buys, and they've since become a real staple. They are perhaps the most comfortable pair I've ever purchased, and the relaxed fit is perfect. Indeed, I'm such a fan that I'm sure I'll be picking up a few more duplicates before too long. Styling them here with some older pieces which I unearthed during a spring sort out, they're also a really versatile addition to my wardrobe- and perfect for reaching for during this constantly chopping and changing weather! 

Have you snapped up any new staples recently? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground