Pages

17.06.2016- Beauty Buys: Summer Skincare Staples

Friday, 17 June 2016

With summer looming just over the horizon, I'm sure I'm not the only one eagerly anticipating (and keeping my fingers crossed for!) a consistent period of warm weather. Having said that, as I've mentioned plenty of times in previous posts, summer in the city can tend to be an intermittently unpleasant experience, especially when faced with the prospect of fighting for space on a swelteringly warm tube train at the end of the day. As well as being a little bit of a battle, it's also something which I tend to find has a slightly adverse affect on my skin- particularly if I find myself stuck on a train without any air conditioning (as has happened on more than a handful of occasions of late!) With that in mind, I'm getting suitably prepared by amping up my skincare routine for the summer:


I posted about Givenchy's Teint Couture Balm back in March, and three months down the line I'm pleased to report that it's still a staple of my daily beauty routine. With SPF 15, it's an essential for the summer months in particular, as well as being a great alternative to my slightly heavier tinted moisturiser. This skin perfection liquid exfoliant from Paula's Choice is a sample which I picked up in a beauty box a little while ago, and although it's not an everyday essential, it's something I tend to reach for when I find that my skin needs a bit of a pep up. It's great for unclogging pores and removing old skin cells, so I'm sure I'll find myself using it more as the hotter weather arrives. My Foreo Luna Mini is another essential which I've had for just over a year now, and it's something which I now can't imagine myself without. In the time I've had it I think it's only needed charging once, and it's gentle enough to use everyday without fear of breaking out- as well as being perfect for traveling with too. Finally, another sample which I'm sure I'll be taking the plunge and purchasing soon comes in the shape of this pro-radiance balm from Elemis. I've been using it once a day with my usual moisturiser and have noticed almost instant results- adding brightness and a dewy finish which is perfect for this time of the year.

What are your summer beauty essentials?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. I love Paula's Choice products - hoping to pick some up in the US as they're so pricey over here! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing up the Luna Mini and was wondering how useful it really was. I guess I have my answer.

    - Elodie x

    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground