Pages

28.09.2016- Creative Calligraphy with Quill London

Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Relaxation. Not something which I'd ever thought you could proactively 'do', but as I've grown older it's something which I've definitely tried to make time for, especially at the weekends. Over the last couple of months, I've well and truly fallen back in love with reading as a one-stop unwinding shop, and have been spending plenty of time in the garden too. However, with winter on the horizon, my thoughts have been turning to some additional indoor-orientated activities, and, with an eye on sprucing up my room with some new wall art, I've been giving calligraphy a go:




Booking a calligraphy class at Quill London is something I've been meaning to get around to for what feels like forever, but in the interim their starter kit is perfect to get practising with at home. I've never been particularly good at anything arty, but this is something I've really taken to- and believe me, no one is more surprised than I am! It's really easy to get cracking with, and the guides are perfect to use as a reference too. I'm already desperate to put pen to paper again and it's only been three days- a great sign if ever there was one, don't you think?!

Have you tried any new hobbies recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. I've done their class (twice actually!) and it's so good- I definitely favour doing things to relax over just watching TV as it's so much more of a distraction. Might get my cross stitch finished this winter! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground