Pages

19.10.2016- Beauty Buys: Chanel N°5 L'Eau

Wednesday, 19 October 2016

When it comes to classic scents, Chanel's iconic N°5 is well and truly up there as one of the best. It's been a special occasion only essential of mine since I was given a bottle as a present on my 18th birthday, and it's a fragrance which I don't doubt will always be a fixture on my dressing table. However, with the spirit of reinvention on the brain, Chanel have taken N°5 and given it a fresh new twist, launching N°5 L' Eau- a fragrance for every day which encompasses all of the elements which have made the original scent such a classic:



With a lighter feel and a timeless sensibility, this a modern classic which I know I'll be repurchasing time and time again once this bottle runs dry. Elements of lemon and mandarin are expertly balanced with floral notes (including rose and jasmine) to give N°5 L' Eau an airy feel which is perfect for constant wear. The hint of musk which is at the heart of the scent also evoke the original N°5 without being too overpowering, creating a delicate, expertly balanced fragrance which is a boon to any collection, and definitely worth popping on your Christmas list as I think it's a real classic in the making.

Have you sampled any new perfumes recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. I love the adverts for this but have yet to smell it in real life! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground