Pages

02.11.2016- Beauty Buys: Autumn Essentials

Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Now that we're on the cusp of winter, I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling a little bit bereft at the prospect of plummeting temperatures and dark evenings. Needless to say that this winter already feels like it'll be a long one, but I'm determined not to let it get me down too much. I've already planned lots of cosy evenings in and am combatting the prospect of everything in the garden dying back by picking up fresh blooms for the house as and when I can. As well as that, I've been deploying some seasonal beauty staples (both old and new!) to keep things as cheery as possible:


The winter and my hair have never been the best of friends, but Percy and Reed's Overnight Recovery Wonderbalm works an absolute treat in helping to combat a dry, difficult to manage barnet. It absorbs instantly into dry hair so is a great option if you're in a rush, and it's perfect for protecting your hair too. This cream eyeshadow from 3ina is a fairly recent discovery, and is without doubt one of the longest wearing products I've ever used- it literally doesn't budge so is perfect for all day wear. I'll definitely be popping back to pick up some other shades soon.

This small but perfectly formed Chanel package is a sample of their Les Beiges powder which I picked up with my purchase of some perfume a little while ago. Powder doesn't tend to be a regular part of my daily getting ready routine, but this little sample has been a godsend- both in terms of reducing shine and also adding a little bit of brightness to my face! Nars' lip pencils are always go to essentials, but at this time of the year the hue which I find myself reaching for most regularly is Cruella- a deep red with a hint of burgundy which captures autumn just perfectly. Finally, I couldn't resist including these earrings which I picked up from Accessorize a few weeks ago. Part of their Z by Zara Simon range, they're a nice little nod to the onset of the festive season, don't you think?

What are your season beauty staples?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

2 comments:

  1. The cream eyeshadow looks beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, isn't this Chanel sample so precious? I've been dying to try their Les Beiges powder actually. I'm not usually a fan of powders in general but I hear this gives you a certain glow without looking too shiny.

    - Elodie x

    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground