Pages

02.01.2017- Happy New Year!

Monday, 2 January 2017

Hello hello from the second day of a brand new year! However you waved goodbye to 2016, I hope that you had a lovely time- it will probably come as no surprise that I was tucked up in bed by midnight in my new pyjamas after finishing a Harry Potter film marathon- the stuff of dreams in my book! Anyway, whilst I'm always reluctant to put together any sort of #goals post at the start of the year, there are a few little things which I'm planning on making progress with over the next twelve months and beyond:



Cashing In 
I feel like the resolution to save money is one which dominates the start of the year, but it's one which I'm determined to make some progress with. I've already started stashing away some loose change here and there, and all of those little contributions to my savings pot are already accumulating quite nicely. There are a few investments which I'd like to make over the coming year (including in a new camera!), so cutting back on wasting money will be a big driving force here too. 

Feeling Better
The end of this last year has been dominated by me feeling quite under the weather, with a pretty nasty bout of cold and flu which seemed to linger forever. Whilst winter will always bring with it coughs and colds, I'm concentrating more on trying to feel a little bit less run down, through reducing stress and concentrating more on looking after myself a little bit better generally- from drinking more water to switching off properly in the evenings and at the weekends. Turning the Hygge factor up to maximum if you like!

Doing more of what I enjoy 
This was a huge part of my plan for last year, but was something which unfortunately got a little bit swallowed up by a fairly horrible summer and lots of subsequent upset. However, with the start of a new year comes the impetus to revisit this promise- whether it's taking up a new hobby, spending time with the people that make you happy, drawing up a bucket list for the year or throwing caution to the wind and embracing an approach inspired by Sarah Knight's brilliant book- let this year be one lived for you. I'm planning on getting back into the wildlife photography which I loved so much growing up, as well as challenging my brain to take on some new challenges too- including some creative writing. Watch this space!

There's much more brewing in my brain but those seem like a fairly good grounding for the time being! Also, if you're feeling inspired to change the world a little bit this year, To Walk Invisible is a must watch.

What are your plans for the coming year?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)





1 comment:

  1. Happy new year! Please do the wildlife photography resolution and become like David Attenborough but younger and female! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground