Pages

06.02.2017- What I Wore Today #290

Monday, 6 February 2017

Whilst I usually tend to live in jeans and combinations of various blouses, jumpers and tees (a girl for all seasons...),sometimes (believe it or not!), I do like to switch things up a little bit and embrace a smarter slice of style. Easier said than done when you're battling against the clock of a morning (try as I might, the prospect of getting up even earlier is one which I'm not fully sold on), but recently I've discovered some simple yet wonderfully effective basic buys which lend themselves perfectly to a fuss-free yet slightly more formal feel:
 
outfit6february
Jacket- H&M 
Dress- H&M 
Shoes- Boden 

How snazzy is this jacket from H&M? I spotted it in store just before Christmas (the new Covent Garden branch is the dream!), and finally snapped it up a few weeks ago. The slightly longer line makes it a great everyday piece, and I love the slightly androgynous feel too- it's definitely one of those wonder pieces which makes me feel so much more confident when I wear it. It's funny how clothes can have such a huge impact on your state of mind, and given that I usually tend to plump for comfy casuals, it's always lovely to be reminded of how empowering 'power dressing' can be! This dress is another H&M purchase too- I have a feeling I'm going to end up owning most of the store at this rate!

Have you picked up any empowering new pieces recently?

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground