Pages

06.03.2017- What I Wore Today #294

Monday, 6 March 2017

I've posted a few times in the past about how, as a rule, I'm usually fairly reluctant to jump on trend bandwagons these days- preferring instead to stick to the styles which I know suit me and which I'll be able to keep as part of my wardrobe for the long haul. For example, I know I'll never ever look good in dungarees, and have more than happily accepted that I'll never need (or want to) embrace high heels. One of the great things about getting older is being able to arrive at these decisions fairly organically, and after having a wardrobe clear out over the weekend, I'm extolling the virtues of only investing my pennies in pieces which I know I'll still want to wear 365 days from now- and beyond. With that in mind, I've been getting to grips with restyling some of my older style staples:

outfit4march
Jacket- Ark 
Blouse- Zara 
Trousers- ASOS 
Shoes- Adidas (via Surfdome)

Clashing prints is never something which I'd fully embraced before, but with the spirit of experimenting in mind, I arrived at this combination. This Ark jacket is a piece which I reach for pretty regularly, even during the winter months as it's one of those wonderfully confidence boosting pieces which just makes me feel so much better each and every time I wear it. This spotty blouse from Zara has become an essential part of my work wardrobe over the last few months, and again is a style which is really easy to throw on of a morning. Keeping comfort in mind, these trousers from ASOS- a comparatively new purchase which I took the plunge and snapped up in an effort to steer myself away from reaching for denim quite so much during the week, and which come equipped with that most luxurious of additions- an elasticated waist! It's the simple things which keep me happy these days!

Have you remixed any of your wardrobe favourites of late?

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground