Pages

05.07.2017- What I Wore Today #307

Wednesday, 5 July 2017

If there's one thing in life which I'm not made for (as well as long division), it's the heat. If the temperatures veer towards the top of the twenties on the thermometer, then I'm generally reduced to a sweaty mess, who seems only to be able to repeat the phrase 'It's too hot!' on a loop. Don't get me wrong, lovely sunny weather is glorious- and a real treat in this part of the world- but there's something about being hot and sticky which sends me into a literal meltdown. Such was the case a few weeks ago when we were in the midst of that little heatwave- deprived of sleep and any opportunity to cool down properly, short of diving head first into the fountains in Trafalgar Square! Necessity being the mother of invention at times like these, I found myself rummaging around in my wardrobe for some warm weather ready attire, happening upon an old favourite which I picked up for my last beach holiday:

outfit5july
Dress- F&F at Tesco 
Shoes- New Look 
Sunglasses- Ray-Ban (via John Lewis) 
Bag- Oliver Bonas 


This dress was a real suitcase saviour for me a fair few years ago now, and it's one of those wonderful pieces which works equally well for the beach as it does for work. The print is a real classic too, and the simple silhouette makes it a total timeless treasure. Keeping comfort in mind, I reached for these lightweight skate shoes from New Look, as well as my staple sunglasses from Ray-Ban. Summer, sorted! 

What are your summer staples? 

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground