Pages

10.07.2017- What I Wore Today #307

Monday, 10 July 2017

As I mentioned in my last outfit post, I don't really tend to get on all that well with warm weather dressing. Don't get me wrong, I'm as fond of sitting out in the garden decked out in a pair of shorts and a tee as the next girl, but dressing for work during the warm weather is another matter altogether- and usually a very sticky one! London, in particular, isn't the best place to be when the temperatures rise, especially if you're contending with oven-like public transport and very few ways to keep cool during the day. With that in mind, over the last few weeks, I've been rummaging through my wardrobe, digging out some work-ready summer staples in an attempt to avoiding turning into the angry red faced emoji when faced with the prospect of getting onto the Underground:
 
outfit10july
Kimono- Oasis 
Dress- Mango 
Sunglasses- Ray-Ban (via John Lewis)
Shoes- New Look
Bag (just seen)- Oliver Bonas

This kimono is a real old favourite from Oasis which I picked up a few years ago, and layering it over this classic dress from Mango (another older purchase) has given both pieces a new lease of life. Combining a pop of bold print with basic block colours always used to be a summer go-to for me, so it's a trick which I'm thrilled to have rediscovered thanks to these two summer staples. Besides that, there's something really satisfying about remixing some old favourites in a completely new way, don't you think?

What summer essentials have you been styling recently?

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground