Pages

14.07.2017- Interiors Update: A Crafty Creation

Friday, 14 July 2017

If you're looking to update your interiors, you don't always have to break the bank to achieve some surprisingly simple yet effective results. Don't get me wrong, I love perusing the pages of West Elm and Anthropologie as much as the next person (I mean, who doesn't?!), but sometimes having a crack at getting creative yourself can yield the most rewarding results. You might remember that I started practicing some calligraphy last year, and since then I've been quite keen to frame some of my efforts, if only to commemorate those little moments of calm which I've been very consciously trying to carve out since the start of the year. Surprisingly enough, it's only recently that I've found a spare moment to sit down and get round to it- and I'm really pleasantly pleased with the results!


Once I'd had a few practice attempts at copying the piece of text which I wanted to use, I put pen to paper in earnest. It's always tricky not to make mistakes, but luckily this final attempt was blot free- hurrah! I chose this piece of writing as it's something I discovered just after I'd graduated from University, and which I'd typically filed away for a rainy day. Only a few weeks ago, in the midst of a long overdue sort out, did I rediscover it- and the message is one which still remains as prescient as ever, if not even more so now. I'm not usually one for mantras, but having these words up on the wall (in lieu of having them tattooed on my arm!) is definitely really reassuring- especially at the start of the week or when things seem a little bit overwhelming. I had the frame spare from a trip to Homebase last summer, and created the backing using some pages from a book which I'd somehow duplicated on my shelf (Pride and Prejudice, naturally..!) To add a little bit of extra detail, I collected some lavender from the garden and pressed it, before placing around the frame (securing with some trusty Pritt-Stick). Fixing the completed piece to the wall was a piece of cake thanks to those handy Command Strips- which I've bought in bulk for future crafting creations!

Have you been up to anything creative recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground