Pages

19.07.2017- Day Tripping: Exploring Regent's Park

Wednesday, 19 July 2017


In an effort to explore some corners of London which I'm yet to visit, over the last year or so I've been heading away from my usual well beaten track, seeking out those places which I've yet to encounter in the capital. It' always really refreshing to do something different, and I always tend to forget just how many hidden treasures London is home to. Much like my trip to Kenwood House last autumn, a few weeks ago I ventured north of the river to take in the spectacular surroundings of Regent's Park:


First and foremost, exploring somewhere on foot on one of the hottest days of the year isn't the wisest of ideas, but on a sticky June Saturday the shaded surroundings of the park were very welcome! I've whizzed through the area on my way to London Zoo once or twice before, but on this occasion it was lovely to have the luxury of a little bit more time to take in the peace and tranquility of such lovely surroundings. Needless to say that I fell head over heels in love with the bounty of blooms on display, and the rose garden alone is worth spending an afternoon exploring. I'll definitely be back!

Have you visited anywhere new recently?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. Love Regent's Park - one for the list on a future visit back to London! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground