Pages

30.08.2017- Beauty Buys: The Ordinary

Wednesday, 30 August 2017

Whilst I've more or less settled into something of a solid everyday beauty routine over the last couple of years or so, it's always nice to switch things up every once in a while and try some new products. I don't usually tend to give into hype as far a new launches are concerned, but with the world and his wife buzzing about cult skincare sensation The Ordinary, I thought it was well worth seeing what all the hubbub was about for myself. A few weeks ago, I popped along to their newly opened Covent Garden store one lunchtime to find it absolutely packed- always a sign of a good thing- and got the lowdown on a selection of their essentials:

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5, Azelaic Acid Suspension, 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil, c/o The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution purchased in-store.

In the past, my skin has never really tended to get on all that well with anything too hard, particularly as it's a little on the sensitive side, so I was a little bit wary of the hyaluronic acid to begin with. Although I wouldn't use it every day, it's definitely working wonders for hydrating my skin, and I can see it becoming a real staple during the winter months too. Similarly, the azelaic acid suspension has become a favourite after only a couple of uses- it's something of a miracle worker in terms of visibly boosting brightness and helping to reduce redness- ticking all of the right boxes in my book! 

As a rule, I tend to avoid using oils during the summer as I find that my face is usually in overdrive in the shine stakes, but this rose hip seed oil is fast absorbing and definitely helps with helping my skin look fresher- something which is always welcome! Finally, the gylcolic acid toning solution which I'm using every evening to draw out all of the grime of city life. It's already made a really noticeable difference to the overall texture and appearance of my complexion, especially in terms of lumps and bumps under the skin. 

Are you a fan of The Ordinary?

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of the ordinary. I really like Buffet which I used after toning morning and night. I've got a peel but I haven't go round to using it yet as I'm a little scared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U just got the rose hip oil, popping into the Covent Garden shop this weekend for advice and to try some extra items

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Ordinary! In fact, it's starting to take over my bathroom shelves! Although I have yet to pick up the glycol acid toner, but I might have to now... 😏

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground