Pages

04.09.2017- Easing Into Autumn

Monday, 4 September 2017

Although I'm already mourning the end of another summer (why do they fly by so quickly?!), there's no denying that these transitional weeks which unfold as we ease our way towards autumn are pretty special too. I'm determined to make the most of the sunshine for as long as it sticks around, as well as dosing up on as much fresh air as possible before winter arrives in earnest. Commuting to and from London during the week means I'm always grateful for quiet weekends at home, and I've been making a concerted effort to enjoy more of my local surroundings of late- pulling on my trainers for some lovely weekend walks whilst the weather holds: 


I usually run around these country paths, but there's a lot to be said for enjoying them at a more leisurely pace. I've always felt really lucky to be able to leave the city behind at the end of each day, and in all honesty I don't think I'd ever be able to live amidst that much hustle and bustle constantly. There's a lot to be said for the relaxing impact of being surrounded by nature, and seeing things change as the seasons progress is something I've always found oddly reassuring- especially when I'm finding myself anxious or stressed about life. Needless to say I'm aiming to meander these paths a fair bit over the coming weeks- and I don't doubt I'll be indulging in a fair bit of blackberry picking between now and the end of autumn too! 

What are your favourite ways of relaxing? 

(Image credit: Sarah Farrell, please do not reproduce without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground