Pages

02.10.2017- What I Wore Today #316

Monday, 2 October 2017

Now that autumn has arrived in earnest, I've had a long overdue rummage through my colder weather clothing collection, digging out some old favourites in preparation for the arrival of the chillier temperatures. Whilst I love the transitional aspect of autumn, as a rule I much prefer dressing for spring and summer- there's something about living in the same rotation of knits week after week which gets a little bit tedious after a while, don't you think? With that in mind, and in an attempt to avoid arriving at a style stalemate too soon, I've been experimenting with switching up some of my seasonal staples:
 
outfit2october
Jumper- Marks and Spencer 
Skirt- Oliver Bonas 
Shoes- Vans (c/o Spartoo)
Bag- Oliver Bonas
Sunglasses- Ray-Ban (via John Lewis) 

Eagle eyed readers will remember this knit from last winter, and it's one of those failsafe pieces which is really easy to reach for first thing on a chilly morning. In an attempt to embrace the final days of late summer sunshine, here I teamed it with a new investment buy in the shape of this skirt from Oliver Bonas- a purchase which I made the instant I saw it in the shop window on the way to work a few weeks ago. It's one of those essential pieces which you don't realise there is a gap in your wardrobe for until you spot in by chance- and it's already earning some serious cost-per-wear value as it's so versatile and easy to style. Finally, a new footwear favourite in the shape of these Vans- although, I have to confess, that I'm finding it quite tricky to break them in- any tips gratefully received!

Have you made any new season style investments?

(Image credit: Hannah Hobson, please do not reproduce without permission.)

1 comment:

  1. Love this jumper! Feeling weirdly nostalgic for knitwear at the moment but I think one chilly day would make me change my mind! x

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! x

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground